Thursday 12 September 2013

Arriving In Korea!

Hello! This is going to be my blog/diary type thing for my study abroad year at Korea University in South Korea, around 8880km away from and 9 hours ahead of England.

My first week here has been hectic to say the least. After 17 hours of flying, 21 hours of waiting in airports and a visa arriving the morning before I flew out, I finally arrived at Korea University in Sejong. The first few days have been a blur of orientation sessions, drinking and going downtown to pick up supplies. It's been busy and fun, but I'm looking forward to settling into a schedule next week.

My card got blocked for a few days due to suspicious activity (= me forgetting to tell the bank I was going to Korea), so I haven't been able to go on the huge shopping spree I wanted to. However now that my card is back in working order I'm ready to start spending obscene amounts of money in all the gorgeous shops.

So far I haven't experienced a huge culture shock. The food is amazing, most meals aren't as spicy as I expected, the people are friendly and helpful, especially my two lovely roommates, and so far I've been far too busy to even think about homesickness.

Lots of things are different in Korea to back home. People are friendlier and more polite here, which is definitely helping me to settle in. Also today I saw someone wandering round a shop with a cat over his shoulder, I don't know if that is a Korean thing or if he was just being odd, but I want to start going shopping with cats on my shoulders.

Looking forward to next week!


My halls!

No comments:

Post a Comment